Happy National Guacamole Day everyone! That’s right, there’s actually a holiday where we celebrate mashed up avocados, haha! But seeing as I REALLY LOVE me some guac, I decided to jump right in on the festivities and make the family my favorite guacamole recipe! In my humble opinion, this is probably the best guacamole ever! Like EVER! However, it’s not traditional by any means. So if that’s what you are in search of, you may have to look elsewhere. I’m a girl that loves to add a ton of garden fresh ingredients to mine to add some extra flair. For the guacamole purists, this is probably a bad taboo. None-the-less, this recipe usually gets devoured whenever I make it, so I will take my chances with the Guacamole gods.
So get out there friends and make yourself a huge bowl of this addictive guacamole, serve it with a massive amount of salty chips and some good beer on the side. National Guacamole Day only comes around once a year and I feel it’s our duty as humans to take full advantage of it!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
- 4 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt + more if needed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped + extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped + extra for garnish
- To chop avocados, run a knife the long way around the body of the avocado, cutting deep enough to reach the pit, but not cutting into the pit. Twist halves opposite directions and pull away. Remove the avocado pit. Carefully run knife multiple times through the inside of the avocados without going through the skin. Cut long ways and then the short ways. Scoop flesh into a large bowl. Repeat with remaining avocados.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin to the chopped avocados. Mash avocados with a fork or a potato masher. I like to leave my guacamole a little chunky.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except for garnishes) and stir.
- Test guacamole and add more salt if needed.
- Put guacamole into serving bowl, garnish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with chips.