18 Drool-Worthy Dishes for Your Memorial Day Party
With Memorial Day Weekend in fast approach, it’s time to dust off your grill and throw an epic party. Invite the neighbors, your closest friends, and family, and celebrate not only the kick-off to summer but to remember and celebrate the lives of the troops and soldiers that fought tirelessly for us, throughout history. These uber-brave men and women, who daily risked their lives to keep America what it is today, deserve the greatest thanks of all, not only this weekend but every day of their lives.
So, to help celebrate we’ve got some amazing recipes for you to try. The focus is grilling and hanging outdoors in the sunshine, fresh air and surrounded by the people you love and cherish. Enjoy the extended holiday weekend; if you are lucky enough to have it off, and do not forget to thank those who served!
Happy Memorial Day!
1. What is life without bacon on EVERYTHING?! | Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Hot Dogs by Port and Fin
2. I’m obsessed with Guacamole – like seriously obsessed. Great twist on this dish, using grapefruit. YUM! | Pink Grapefruit Guacamole by Southern Fairytale
3. This looks like a plate of sunshine. It’s beautiful! | Grilled Fish Tacos with Lime Cabbage Slaw by Cooking Classy
4. If you’ve never had Mexican Street Corn, make some this weekend for sure! You will never eat plain corn-on-the-cob again. | Mexican Street Corn by Seeded at the Table
5. I’m speechless when I see this burger. Wow… I want! | Jameson Whiskey Blue Cheese Burger with Guinness Cheese Sauce + Crispy Onions by Half Baked Harvest
6. What is a grilling party without Coleslaw? | Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw by Damn Delicious
7. Serving this salad will have you looking like a professional chef. Look at those stunning colors! | Grilled Mango with Jalapenos by Food Network
8. For the potato salad lover, this one is for you! | Baby Potato Salad by Bon Appetit
9. This refreshing salad is perfects for the kick off to summer | Citrus, Fennel and Avocado Salad by PureWow
10. Watermelon just screams summer parties | Watermelon Feta Mint Skewers by Bites of Bri
11. Every party we have, one of my family members makes the best 7 layer dip; it’s so good! This may not be her recipe, but every party needs this! | Individual 7 layer dip by sheknows
12. Love buffalo wings? Then you will love these! | Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
13. Peach Pie it perfect for a summer grill out | The Best Peach Pie by a Couple Cooks
14. Celebrate the holiday with these elegant Ice Cream Sandwiches | Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches by a Farmgirl’s Dabble
15. If you don’t have time to make these donuts from scratch at least make the glaze and sauce, then grill up some Crispy Creme donuts to replace. OMG! | Grilled Espresso Glazed Coconut Doughnuts with Mocha Coconut Ganache by Half Baked Harvest
16. Here’s a fun combo to sip on all weekend | Raspberry Beer Cocktail by A Cup of Mai
17. What is a party without some Jell-O Shots! | Watermelon Jell-O Shots by Buzzfeed
18. Moonshine has become a huge hit these last few years and the new trend is to make killer cocktails with it. You’re welcome! | Moonshine Cocktails by Refinery29
Happy Memorial Day and a very special thank you to my two Grandfathers who served this country, along with my amazing Father-in-law. You have courage and strength that I can only hope for. I love you all so much and are blessed to call you my family!