Happy Wednesday, ya’ll! I’m so excited to share this easy-to-make Avocado + Jalapeno Bruschetta with you! This recipe carries a lot of great memories and delicious dinner parties along with it and thanks to my super talented friend, Chelsye, this appetizer never missed a single one of our get-togethers back in our Charleston days. It’s incredibly good and I have a feeling it will quickly become a must-have recipe for you, as well.
It’s been quite some time since our Charleston wine and appetizer parties, but this recipe has been on my mind ever since then. The other day I was going through my massive collection of recipes and stumbles upon a copy of that very memorable recipe she gave to me. It brought back so many incredible moments and I couldn’t resist sharing it with you, of course with a few alterations to make it slightly my own. None the less, this avocado + jalapeno bruschetta will be on my entertaining menu from here on out and I have Chelsye to thank for it! Without further ado, I present to you one of my favorite recipes, that’s not only delicious but so easy to make!
PS, the Superbowl is this week, and I think this would be the perfect addition to your party menu… just saying!
- 1 large jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons chopped shallot
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 large avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced ½ inches thick
- Olive oil, for brushing bread
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Taking the jalapeno, slice paper thin slices starting at the small-pointed end. Only slice half of the jalapeno. Set slices aside. To the remaining jalapeno, cut in half lengthwise; remove stem and deseed. Chopped jalapeno.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, shallots, dried oregano, cilantro, and parsley. Gently mix in cubed avocados. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to broil. Place baguette slices on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. You can also cheat and spray with vegetable spray oil. Broil bread until toasted.
- Spoon avocado mixture on each toasted bread slice and garnish with jalapenos. You can also sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if you want some extra spice.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #designsofanykind on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
With love from my kitchen to yours,