Lavender Blackberry Mojito
We’re at it again with another wildly yummy recipe using my new favorite flower, Lavender! This plant is utterly dreamy and experimenting various ways to cook with it has been rather addictive! This time we decided to try out our “craft cocktail skills” and whip up a delicate, floral meets in-your-face blackberry and mint mojito. I want to try this combo out on just about everything!
Can you imagine a decadent, please-can-I-have-ten more, Lavender, Blackberry and Mint cupcake? I don’t even want to consider it, as I’m sure I will eat the whole batch and gain fifty bazillion pounds! It’s a good thing I’ve been away in Minnesota for a long weekend and the lavender is probably past its prime. Otherwise, I would be hiding in a corner devouring a batch of those cupcakes and second guessing my decisions in life.
Since I managed to escape that frightful moment and contained my love of lavender to this delicious concoction, I recommend we head directly to the recipe below and mix up a drink… or a pitcher of this addictive Lavender Blackberry Mojito.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 10 sprigs of fresh lavender, flowers removed, stems discarded. You can substitute with 1/8 cup dried lavender
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 6 fresh blackberries
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz white rum
- Soda water
- Garnish: 1 blackberry, 1 small sprig of mint, 1 slice or wedge of lime
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Once sugar has dissolved, add lavender flowers. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain lavender from syrup and cool.
- Place mint, blackberries, lime juice, simple syrup and rum into a glass. Using a muddles or wooden spoon, muddles to extract flavors from the mint and blackberries.
- Add ice until glass is 3/4th full.
- Top glass off with soda water and garnish with your choice of blackberries, mint and/or lime slices.