Mango Thyme Mimosas
It is officially spring! I thought this day would never come… and can I be honest with you? I wasn’t quite sure if I was going to make it through this winter without losing my mind, and eating all of the chocolate in my house! Chocolate + red wine = happiness and I’m not ashamed to say that, haha! You know what also equals happiness? The brilliant sunshine-yellow of these Mango Thyme Mimosas. They have spring written all over them! A glass or two of this champagne cocktail and you will easily forget the misery of this year’s winter, ’cause it was bad!
If you are one of the lucky ones to live in a warmer climate, this cocktail is a no-brainer for your already deliciously-warm spring days. And just know that I’m also seriously jealous of you! It’s been cold, and long, and rough, and dark and cold… yes so COLD here in Minnesota! But now the birds are chirping like crazy outside. The snow has… well, the snow is still here and clearly hasn’t gotten the memo that it’s spring! However, despite the snow issue, the weather has consistently been above zero, so that’s a win! Before you know it the snow will have melted away and all of our tulips and daffodils will be in full bloom.
I’m anxiously awaiting the moments when we can sit out on the deck with a few of these Mango Thyme Mimosas in hand and breath in the fresh spring air. I’m also really excited to get outside and start working on my gardens! We are increasing the size of the vegetable garden this year, which will run along the whole side of the house. An explosion of fresh produce is definitely in my future and I’m so ready for it!
I’ve talked on and on about spring, but cannot forget to mention that this would make an excellent signature cocktail for your upcoming Easter brunch. The beautiful yellow color is perfect for Easter and mimosas are why we all live for brunch anyways, right? So, you honestly have two great reasons to go make this drink asap! And then find excuses to mix up this champagne cocktail all through summer… because pool season, right? Cheers!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 6 oz. frozen mango, thawed
- 1 bottle of champagne, chilled
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into long, thin slices
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add thyme. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain mixture and toss thyme sprigs. Cool simple syrup completely. Place in a blender with mangos and puree until smooth.*
- Fill 4 champagne glasses ¼ of the way with mango-thyme puree. Top off with chilled champagne. Garnish with sliced mangoes and 1 thyme sprig each.
- *If the mango-thyme puree is too thick, add some extra water to the mixture. It should be a little thicker than orange juice to allow easy mixing with the champagne.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #designsofanykind on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
With love from my kitchen to yours,