This Spiced Honey Roasted Delicata Squash has quickly become my go-to recipe during this fall season! I discovered these beautiful Delicata Squashes a few years ago, picked up a few to give them a try and basically fell madly in love. The next year I planted them in my garden, and between me and the rabbits (they are lucky that they’re so dang cute!) we got more than we could keep up with.
This year however, I was not as fortunate to grow them in my garden. Luckily, my local Trader Joe’s keeps them well stocked, so I started playing with this Spiced Honey Roasted Delicata Squash recipe, inspired by a recipe from Skinnytaste. Their recipe is a bit healthier than mine, seeing as the moment you add cheese, candies nuts, and honey to a dish it does lose a bit of it’s health factor. But let’s be honest, fall and winter are all about comfort foods! This Spiced Honey Roasted Delicata Squash gives me all of those cozy, hearty, fall feels – so yeah, I’m going enjoy every last bite!
- 4 delicata squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, and sliced ½” thick
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or honey
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Salt & pepper, if needed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Spread raw pumpkin seeds on one prepared baking sheet. Bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully gather seeds into the center of pan, coat with maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Spread seeds back out and bake for another 4-5 minutes, until seeds are toasted and slightly candied. Remove from oven; cool seeds. Reline baking sheet with more parchment paper; set aside with other baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix together honey, olive oil, turmeric powder, garlic powder, 2 teaspoons salt, and cinnamon. (Remove ¼ cup honey mixture; set aside.)
- To large bowl, add sliced delicata squash. Toss to coat. Lay squash slices flat on the two prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate pans halfway through baking. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil squash for 4 minutes, or until squash have nicely browned on tops. You may need to swap the top pan with the bottom pan to get both baking sheets evenly browned.
- Remove squash from oven, arrange on a large platter, and drizzle with reserved honey mixture. Garnish squash with sliced onions, candied pumpkin seeds, crumbled feta, and parsley. Serve.
If you try this recipe, let us know. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #designsofanykind on Instagram. We enjoy seeing what you create! With love from my kitchen to yours,